Furniture Manufacturers in China-A Complete Guide
- General introduction of China furniture manufacturing bases
- Where are export furniture manufacturers based
- Pros & cons for each furniture manufacturing base
- How to find reliable furniture manufacturers in China
- B2B marketplaces
- Trade shows
- Search engines
- Professional sourcing agents
A general introduction to China furniture manufacturing bases
Top 5 furniture locations
- Pearl River Delta area,
- Yangtze River delta area,
- Bohai Sea Surrounding Area,
- Northeast China area
- West China area.
If you’d like some more information about these places then please check out our complete guide to these 5 furniture locations
An introduction to Sourcing furniture from China
Every year, countless furniture buyers are benefiting from the diversified products and services provided by those furniture manufacturers in China. You can find almost every type and style you need in the China furniture markets.
Though it is true that the choices are limitless, to find the most proper suppliers with good quality and competitive price is not an easy job. To achieve the goal, you will need sophisticated information and a proper investigation before you make your final decision. If your business doesn’t have the resources to have a dedicated team to buying it may actually be cheaper to go through an agent.
The best option for starters and small businesses looking to buy from furniture from China
Sometimes the smartest thing to do is to engage a local Chinese furniture sourcing agent for your furniture business, especially for starters and small businesses. A professional sourcing agent does not only keep you up to date and able to handle your supply chain in China but also on average gets a much cheaper price for the same quality products than you can. Why? How?
- Strong relationships with many factories allow more favorable deals
- Understanding the actual cost for the raw materials in the local market
- Knowledge of local price rates from wages to profit margins allow for an understanding of how much a product should cost
- Sourcing is a full-time job, this is what we do every day.
A perfect example would be the fact that each manufacturing base has its pros & cons, yet if you don’t know the local market and the local supply chain the chance of you getting the best product for the best price is slim to none. Going to the right place for the right products for starters will help you get the most out of importing furniture from China.
Most factories are small scale
Another point is that among the 100k furniture manufacturers mentioned above, most of them are small-scale family-based factories with little to no knowledge of how to market outside of China. So even if you manage to find them I am sure many of you can agree that the difficulties have just begun. Thankfully though around 80% of them are good factories with their own strengths and collections, still, there’s the 20% of bad factories to look out for.
As shown in a recent report, only a few of these manufacturers can reach an annual turnover of 1 billion USD. With the majority not well organized, it’s very important to do the homework before you decided to cooperate with a supplier.
Furniture manufacturers locations around China
16 furniture manufacture locations in China
- Lecong, Foshan City, Guangdong Province- The largest and the most comprehensive wholesale furniture center in the world
- Longjiang, Foshan City, Guangdong Province-The most important furniture material & upholstered furniture manufacturing town in China
- Jiujiang, Foshan City, Guangdong Province-New Manufacturing base next to Longjiang Town.
- Dalingshan, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province-comprehensive export furniture manufacturing base
- Houjie, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province-Manufacturing and exhibition
- Anji Town in Zhejiang Province-Home town of Chairs, also famous for loft-style metal and plastic furniture
- Haining City, Zhejiang Province-sofas
- Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province-office furniture and home furniture
- Dangshan Town, Xiaoshan District, Zhejiang Province-bathroom cabinet
- Likou Town in Suzhou city, Jiangsu Province-wholesale furniture center in east China
- Xianghe County in Hebei Province-Largest wholesale furniture center in north China
- Shengfang Town in Hebei Province-Newly emerged base for Metal & glass furniture
- Zhuanghe City in Shenyang Province-Solid wood furniture
- Ducun Town, Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province
- Qingdao, Shandong province-Japanese and Korea Style furniture
- Chengdu, Sichuan Province-Wooden furniture, upholstered furniture
Lecong Town, Foshan City, Guangdong Province
- living rooms
- garden/outdoor furniture
Lecong Furniture malls
- The Lourve international furniture exhibition for brand furniture
- Red star maclalline furniture wholesale center;
- Sunlink furniture center, north and south area
- Lecong international exhibition center,
- Tuanyi office furniture center,
- Royal furniture center,
- Dongming furniture center for affordable furniture,
- Julong furniture center,
- Nanhua furniture center.
- Sunlink cabinets and lighting center
LongJiang Town, Foshan City, Guangdong Province
Sophisticated Supply Chain
5km of factory showrooms
Jiujiang Town, Foshan City, Guangdong Province
Located next to Longjiang Town, Jiujiang is a newly emerged manufacturing base. Many furniture factories in Longjiang moved to Jiujiang in recent years. Unlike Lecong and Longjiang, Jiujiang mainly focuses on some niches like glass furniture, metal furniture, and Scandinavian furniture.
As more and more factories from Longjiang start setting up new factories in Jiujiang, the two areas are beginning to form a larger base as they are physically close to each other.
Dalingshan, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province
Large scale OEM factories
Houjie, Dongguan City, Guangdong Province
High-end furniture factories
- furniture material
- furniture machinery
- furniture manufacturing
- furniture trade
- furniture exhibitions
Anji County, Zhejiang Province-the chair manufacturing capital
- office chairs
- bar chairs
- dining chairs
- bar stools
Haining City, Zhejiang Province-Sofas
Haining is also a city located in Zhejiang province, east China. It’s one of the furniture manufacturing bases in the Yangtze River Delta area. Haining is one of the major manufacturing areas for furniture leather. Furniture factory owners here take full advantage of its leather products and focused mostly on leather sofas.
Perhaps you’d like some more information on sofa factories then check out our top 10 sofa factories in China
Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, East China-one of the most important locations for furniture sourcing
- Office furniture
- Upholstered furniture
- Outdoor furniture.
Office furniture manufacturing base
- Office chairs
- Filing cabinets
- Office sofas
- Swivel chairs
- Smart office systems
- Leather sofas
- Outdoor furniture
Dangshan Town, Xiaoshan District, Zhejiang Province-For bathroom cabinets
Dangshan town is a location in Hangzhou city. It is famous for making bathroom cabinets. In 2012, it was named “ town of China bathroom cabinet” by the China furniture association.
Likou Town in Suzhou city, Jiangsu Province-the wholesale furniture center in east China
Located in Suzhou city, Jiangsu province, East China, Likou is the famous wholesale furniture center in Eastern China. It has over 45 furniture shopping malls and two main streets with furniture stores along the road. It has a display area of more than 1.5 million M2 and a warehouse area of over 600,000 M2. More than 4000 suppliers are gathered here supplying various types of furniture.
Xianghe County in Hebei Province-The largest wholesale furniture center in the North of China
Shengfang Town in Hebei Province-Newly emerged furniture base for Metal & glass furniture
- dining tables & chairs
- coffee tables
- sofas with steel frames
- metal beds
- bunk beds
- office furniture
Metal and glass furniture exhibition center
- metal and glass furniture
- hotel furniture
- office furniture
- school furniture
- public furniture.
Zhuanghe City in Shenyang Province-Solid wood furniture
Ducun Town, Jiaozhou City, Shandong Province-bentwood furniture
Ducun town is the newly built export furniture manufacturing and trading base in Shandong Province, north China. It is supported by the Jiaozhou government and Qingdao furniture association. Its main strength is bentwood furniture and solid wood furniture.
Qingdao, Shandong province- Japanese style furniture
Additional furniture manufacturing bases
- West China furniture center Chengdu
- Middle China furniture center Hubei,
Next up in this ultimate guide we are going to talk about finding reliable furniture manufactures in China.
How to find reliable furniture manufacturers in China
Finding a furniture supplier is easy, but finding a good supplier is not. There are 4 main ways to find a supplier in China.
- Furniture fairs
- Trustworthy B2B marketplaces
- Search engines
- A reliable sourcing agents
Furniture Fairs in China
The main advantage of furniture fairs
Chinese furniture fairs-the places and dates
In March, there are 3 furniture fairs held at the same time.
- Shenzhen International furniture exhibition (SIFE) held at Shenzhen Convention & Exhibition Center from March 19th to 22nd, March. SIFE is a commercial design exhibition for China’s furniture industry of the highest quality.
- International famous furniture fair (3F), held at Guangdong Modern International Exhibition Centre from March 16th to March 20th. 3F mainly focuses on the China domestic market. From 2014, it also sets up 30,000 sqm Export Pavilion gathering export-oriented furniture producers in one centralized location, international buyers can shop with more ease and comfort, and find their target products more efficiently.
- China international furniture fair (CIFF), held in Chinas import and export complex in Canton. From March 18th to March 21st (Phase one, for home furniture), March 28th to March 31st (Phase two, office furniture) Founded in 1998, China International Furniture Fair, known as CIFF, takes place semi-annually in Guangzhou (March) and Shanghai (September). With the successful experience of the past 40 sessions, CIFF has been well accepted as the Weatherglass of China’s Furniture Industry, Asia’s Furniture Sourcing Center and the No.1 Platform for the World Class.
August-September furniture fairs
In September there are an additional 3 fairs to attend.
- International famous furniture fair (3F)-August 11th to 14th. Held in Dongguan
- China International Furniture Fair (Shanghai)-National Exhibition & Convention Center (Shanghai • Hongqiao),10-13 September
- China International Furniture Expo-September 11th to 14th (Shanghai • Pudong). CIFE is an export-oriented furniture fair for high-end furniture highlighted in contemporary furniture, international brand and up to date designs, it’s the most valuable furniture fair for international buyers.
As you can see if you were going to participate in all 6 fairs in order to even have a chance at finding the best possible valued furniture, you would need at least 2 teams for both months and a minimum of 2-3 days spent at each fair. Why not let professional full time sourcing agents do the hard work for you? Let SimonSense use our resources, use our expertise and use our staff to find you the best furniture solution for your business. Or if you’d like to try yourself then please check out our top 10 tips on buying sofas from China.
Trustworthy B2B marketplaces
The online B2B marketplace is another convenient resource to find a furniture supplier in China, there are three major B2B marketplaces.
Alibaba.com for furniture factories
- Home furniture
- Outdoor furniture
- Commercial furniture
- Furniture hardware
- Baby furniture
- Furniture parts
- Children furniture
- Plastic furniture
MADE-IN-CHINA.COM- a place to find furniture manufacturers
Made in China is another famous B2B marketplace in China. It was founded in 1998 and became one of the major B2B platforms providing product information of 27 categories and 3,600 sub-categories, displaying website information in 11 languages. Compared with Alibaba, made-in-china has fewer products and suppliers, however, the quality of products and suppliers are better.
There are 12 furniture categories, more than 60 thousand types of products with over 2000 suppliers on the platform.
Global sources: – leading B2B platform
Risks of buying from these platforms
Looking for Furniture suppliers via Search Engines
Create a datasheet
- company name
- contact information
- business scale and scope
- category checkboxes (important)
- Additional notes.
Use the right keywords
Contacting furniture suppliers
After contacting the furniture supplier
Why you should source furniture through a sourcing agent
- land cost
- raw material costs
- supply chain route
6 steps to find a reliable sourcing agent
- Check their websites. Though setting up a website is easy nowadays, building a good one is not. A professional’s website should be rich in content, including lots of professional knowledge about your industry.
- Check the products they have sourced. Most sourcing companies will list some products they have sourced on their websites. From the photos and descriptions, you can learn if they can help find the right products for you.
- Check the project cases and testimonials. Project cases not only show the products but also the process of how they do it. A real testimonial tells you what their client says about them and their services.
- Check their sourcing procedures. A sourcing agent who can offer one-stop services could be of great value to your business. It saves a lot of time and troubles, allowing you to focus more on marketing and selling. A professional sourcing procedure should include:
- factory audit
- order negotiation
- in-line and final inspection
- loading monitoring documents
- cargo consolidation and so on.
- Contact them and ask them the questions you have prepared. There are two aims to ask questions. One is to check if they are a professional in your field, the other one is to verify if they are easy to communicate with.
- Check their resources. If someone is a professional in sourcing, they will frequently visit factories, which in turn gives them a lot of potential resources. Simply ask them to show you what they have and recommend products and suppliers based upon what you need.