A must-read guide on where to find outdoor furniture in China and what questions to ask!
Outdoor furniture in China is any type of furniture that can be put outside aka outdoors. In general, this consists of the following types of furniture:
- Rattan Furniture
- Wicker Furniture
- Wooden Furniture
- Metal Furniture
- Garden Sofas
- Outdoor Tables
- Patio Swings
- Beach Chairs
In this article, we are going to talk about where to find outdoor furniture in China, including 4 factories to check out. We are also going to talk about different sourcing locations and tips on what to ask your furniture suppliers to give you the best deal.
The largest market for outdoor furniture in China
China is a huge market for outdoor furniture in China yet there isn’t a specific location just for it. However, thankfully the largest clusters can be found in Guangdong and Zhejiang which contribute to over 80% of outdoor furniture in China. More specifically the Lecong furniture location, but down below we will give you 4 outdoor furniture factories to check out.
4 outdoor furniture manufacturers from China
Down below we are going to give you 4 different well-known furniture manufacturers in China for free! Now a small disclaimer their websites are not the best but these 4 outdoor furniture factories are some of the places you should definitely check out!
Mindo is an innovative company engaging in manufacturing high-quality outdoor furniture for house, hotel, resort & spa, restaurants, bar and facilities for hospitality. The majority of their customers are in the USA, Australia, and Dubai. They are someone you should check out if you’re interested in a medium to high-quality provider
Higold is a huge group company incorporating many different types of furniture but one of its top products is its outdoor furniture.
In regards to its outdoor furniture in China, it’s a reddot design award winner. It also has an international distributor network and works solely with them to distribute their furniture.
Agio is a high-end outdoor furniture manufacturer. Its main market is the USA and EU.
Agio furniture has three brands:
It has multiple styles such as American, modern minimalist design, and Chinese style.
Agio is a major supplier for many group companies such as Hengda for large projects. It was set up in 1987 in Taipei and moved to Shunde in 1989. Wicker furniture was its early product series which helped them develop very fast-so fast in fact they currently export around 5000 containers of furniture a year.
Founded in 1999, Artiegarden furniture . is a large-scale outdoor furniture brand integrating design, research, and development, production, sales, and service.
The Artie brand was founded in the same year as the earliest and most outdoor furniture industry in China-making it a very old and well-known brand in the international outdoor furniture market.
The export to nearly 100 countries and regions around the world, with a large customer base in Europe, North America, and the Middle East.
Now if you are looking for some different sourcing options for online then we recommend checking out our article on everything you need to need to know about buying wholesale furniture from China. Though specifically for outdoor furniture in China we recommend two different options.
Head to Lecong for outdoor furniture in China
Sadly there isn’t a specific location for just outdoor furniture but between the 8 different malls, you will find 100s of different suppliers for your needs.
Use a sourcing agent for outdoor furniture in China
We seem to cover this problem every other article but honestly, we cannot stress it enough. If you’re a small to a medium-sized business going through a sourcing agent will more than likely save you money, save you time and will pretty much eliminate all the potential problems you have never even thought of. It is their 9 to 5 job after all. A shameless plug-in here but why not check out Simonsense here. Source your outdoor furniture from China from us, and see how much you can save.
Questions to ask furniture suppliers about Outdoor furniture in China
When buying outdoor furniture in China there are a bunch of questions you should be asking, far more than what we have put down below but to get you started here are 22 questions you should be asking when buying furniture in China.
First 12 questions
- What is the MOQ?
- What price is the FOB price?
- How will you package the furniture?
- What care instructions do I need to pay attention to for this outdoor furniture?
- What certifications does it have?
- Do you have any other company brand names (many furniture businesses have multiple brands under different company names)
- What is this furnitures weight per piece?
- When was your company established? (The older they are the more established but it also means more fixed rules)
- Do you have an Alibaba or company website? (their company website on average doesn’t give a lot of information but is helpful to learn a little bit more about them)
- What are your main products? (If there are too many types of furniture its a red flag they are a trading company pretending to be a furniture factory)
- Can I see some pictures of your company such as your employees, finished products, office, and factory? (take them and do a google reverse image search to check they aren’t stock images/from another factory)
- What is your lead time? (How long before it’s done)
Final 10 questions
- Do you accept customized orders? (check out our other article of OEM manufacturers to learn more)
- What materials will be used to make this outdoor furniture
- Are you able to break down those materials on where they’ll be used
- What is this furniture measurements in ft./in./cm/mm?
- What is the Cubic meter measurement?
- Where is your factory? (Get the full address for factory inspects and audits)
- How many people work here? (Will give you a scale of their capabilities)
- Have you ever sold to (your) country? If so to who
- What certifications does your company have?
- To what standard quality are you able to make the furniture to?
There are a lot more questions to ask but these 22 questions will definitely help ensure you get the best deal possible.
Looking for outdoor furniture in China? Check this blog out
Now if you’re at the stage of just starting to look for outdoor furniture in China then I recommend you reading our top 5 furniture factory locations in China to give you a better idea of what area specializes in what type of furniture.
Next up are things to consider with quality.
Ensuring quality standards for your furniture
Ensuring a good quality standard is a huge topic to cover, think:
- Safety standards/ fire regulations for different countries
- Quality control
- Factory Audit
- Order processing
Depending on what country you’re from or what the market is safety standards and regulations are a mind-blowing headache. Do you need additional fire regulations? Can the factory actually provide the correct certification you need? Is what you are buying for commercial use? Residential? For a hotel?
Depending on your country the safety standards and certifications you need to go through will change massively and if you aren’t familiar with it and the factory isn’t helping you may end up with a container worth at goods which won’t be allowed into your country.
Do your research or let someone like Simonsense help you here to make sure what you buy is what you can import into your country.
For a complete guide on buying furniture in China, I suggest you check out our article. There we cover the A-Z of buying furniture in China.
Quality control is again a big topic with our humble opinion being that there are 4 major factors you have to consider.
- Incoming inspection
- During production inspection
- Pre-shipment inspection
- Container loading supervision
Another major part of buying outdoor furniture in China is the factory audit
Visiting the outdoor furniture factory
Before or after reading our 22 questions to ask outdoor furniture factories you probably have realized that buying furniture in China is a lot more complicated than just picking what you like and purchasing. There is a whole system you need to think about before purchasing and one part of that is called the factory audit.
So what is a factory audit for? Well quite frankly it’s to:
- Verify that your supplier’s facilities are operational and suitable for manufacturing your product
- Ensure that your supplier’s sourcing policies comply with your own
- Identify and hedge against potential quality, operational, and ethical risks
- Evaluate the competence of the factory management
And how do you do all that? Well, check out our page on factory audits to learn more.
Outdoor furniture is seasonal
Finally, outdoor furniture is a seasonal purchase. When buying make sure you buy a few months in advance before peak season. You want that furniture by your side without worrying about it arriving late.
This is something which definitely needs to be addressed with timings and assurances from the factory about their time schedule so it can correspond with yours. Having a team on the ground will make sure your outdoor furniture is the right quality, the right timings, and the right price. Work with Simonsense today!
Buying outdoor furniture in China is very similar to buying any other type of furniture but special care should be taken when buying furniture and what questions you should ask your suppliers. Take special care about making sure you have the right certifications and if in doubt let Simonsense help!
Simonsense is a furniture supply chain management company that specializes in furniture. Simonsense has had over 10 years of experience in the furniture industry and supply chain market to help their customers find the best possible deal in terms of price and quality. Contact Simonsense today for a free one-hour consultation and see how we can help your business today.